Welcome to the Three Best Wedding Venues near Des Moines, IA
Is that big day quickly approaching? Are you still waiting to find the right venue? Because choosing the right place for your wedding is so important, we’ve decided to present you with a list of the best wedding venues in the Des Moines area. Continue reading to discover how each one can contribute to your special day.
Decades Event Center
You’ll find Decades Event Center in West Des Moines. This charming venue has seating for up to 275 guests and has 5,000 square feet of space. Below is a brief rundown of what this rustic venue has to offer:
- Tables, chairs, and table linens
- Staging services
- An event director
- A 1961 Bentley to make an unforgettable entrance and exit
- Available suites for separate couples
Get an inside look at this amazing venue by going to Decades Event Center‘s Facebook page.
Originally a private residence, Rollins Mansion was built from 1925 to 1927 and has been included on the Register of Historic Places. This appealing venue is steeped in history. For instance, the building reportedly features timber on which William Shakespeare once performed. Here are a few more of the delightful characteristics that add to this storied mansion’s allure:
- The Ballroom. Natural light in front of stained bay glass windows make this room an ideal place for a celebration.
- Octagon Garden. Picture yourself saying I do in front of a beautiful fountain surrounded by nature.
- The Solarium. With dark stained woods and dramatic windows, the resulting light makes this room uniquely suited for wedding photos.
Take a look at some of the beautiful imagery on the Rollins Mansion Facebook page.
The Tea Room
Located in the center of Des Moines, The Tea Room is a historic venue that’s simply full of charm. With the original plaster wall sculptures and distinct trim, this site has the potential to add to the magic of any wedding day. Continue reading to get a preview of the kind of experience you’d never forget if your wedding took place at The Tea Room:
- The Garden Room provides natural light with its floor-to-ceiling windows. This allows the glorious sunlight to soak the room throughout your entire ceremony.
- The balconies face the town’s majestic skyline to provide a one-of-a-kind view.
- The Tea Room also offers a secluded VIP room that includes a TV. This room is exclusively designated to be used for wedding day preparations.
- Also included is a hardwood, black dance floor with sophisticated gold trim.
- The Lounge is a great spot for guests to gather before the ceremony and enjoy cocktails and finger foods. The Tea Room also offers a full-service bar with professional wait staff.
Visit on Facebook for your first look at The Tea Room.
Check Out Each One for Yourself
If the above introductions to Decades Event Center, Rollins Mansion, and The Tea Room piqued your interest and you’d like to learn more about each one, make a point of visiting them today!