Rise and Shine to the Best Breakfast Spots near Des Moines, IA
Whether you’re an avid morning person or you’re unable to pass up a bagel with everything on it, a towering stack of pancakes, or a decadent pastry, we’ve got a list of Des Moines area breakfast hangouts that we’re certain you’ll be visiting on a regular basis.
Take a brief moment to discover what makes each one so special:
5 Borough Bagels
Bagel? Wrap? Latte? Tea? Whatever it is you need to start your day, 5 Borough Bagels has you covered. Serving breakfast and lunch seven days a week, this authentic New York style bagel shop aims to please. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect when you stop in for a bite to eat:
- The Liberty. Packed with more than enough flavor to start the morning right, the Liberty features egg whites, spinach, tomato, and onion all inside a wonderful whole wheat bagel.
- Breakfast Bowl. This bowl is bursting with hash browns, scrambled eggs, your choice of meat, and three toppings.
- The Empire. This bagel comes with cream cheese and your picks of bacon, sausage, ham, egg, cheddar, American, and swiss.
Whether you’re meeting friends for Sunday brunch or looking for a caterer for your upcoming event, Chef’s Kitchen delivers a delightful meal you won’t soon forget. From steaks and seafood to pizza and sandwiches, they’re dedicated to pleasing every palate.
Here are just a few reasons why Chef’s Kitchen was named the best Beaverdale restaurant in 2016:
- Bulldog. We recommend this beast of a skillet. It comes with grilled chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and home fries topped with cheese.
- Caprese. This combination of smoked chicken sausage, spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, Greek olives, basil, and mozzarella cheese is an utter pleasure.
- Breakfast DeBurgo. This four-ounce beef filet is pan-seared, blanketed with a poached egg, and served over hash browns. The whole thing is then lightly covered with DeBurgo sauce.
We’d like to introduce you to Strudl Haus. This charming establishment strives to provide the Des Moines area with an intimate and authentic central European restaurant and bakery experience. Feast your eyes on a sample of their menu:
- Austrian Breakfast. This traditional platter features an assortment of breads and rolls, cold cut meats, cheeses, jelly, orange juice, and farm fresh eggs made to order.
- Crepes with Nutella, Raspberry, or Apricot Jelly. Enjoy two thin crepes filled with your choice of Nutella, maple syrup, or apricot or raspberry jelly.
- French Toast with Maple Syrup. The title says it all. It’s a breakfast classic!
Are You a Morning Person Yet?
If you’re ready to make breakfast the most important part of your day, give it a jumpstart with the best breakfast spots near Des Moines, IA. They’ve got the stove all warmed up for you.